The constant struggle with data space continues in this console generation, and when it comes to system storage management, our hoarding traits can put quite a strain on hard drive space. Here is the abbreviated assessment and affordable answer to your data management woes.
The Samsung T7 1TB USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps, Type C) External Solid State Drive (Portable SSD) Black MU-PC1T0T/AM gives a helping hand to your PS5 with an additional 1 TB of hard drive space while not actually taking up much physical space by itself. It runs about about the size of a credit card and about as thin as four together.
- $114.99 at Walmart or Bestbuy -Priced well for rated speed and space from an established brand of consumer electronics.
- Compatible as an external SSD for the PS5
- Can load an on-going story game of Red Dead Redemption 2 in 31 seconds which is only about one or two seconds slower than if loaded on the console’s memory.
- Like all compatible external SSDs, it can save PS5 Games on storage but will not play them via external SSD. PS4 games can be played straight off the external and does not rely on PS5’s internal memory.
- Optional USB-A cable included (is required for install on PS5 then can switch to USB-C for normal use)
- Comes with a 3 year warranty.
It’s a great SSD to try if you’d like to double your console’s memory quickly and easier on the gaming budget too. Let us know what externals you’ve tried and share your storage management tips with us!